26 August 2008

mixtape

I have put together the finest mixtape of all time. This is not, however, your father's mixtape. This is a compilation of the finest songs of all time which basically deal with the issue of being awesome. When I'm feeling down, I like to listen to these tunes and remember how awesome I am. And yes, I know we're a bit heavy on Brand New. Face it, they're fantastic.

Here we go.
  1. Senses Fail - Bonecrusher: Starting things off hard and fast. "I've got romantic ideas, but they're not meant for you." In your face, bub.
  2. Brand New - Seventy Times 7: This is really just angry. I should probably not have it on this mix tape. Oops
  3. alexisonfire - side walks when she walks: If you don't dig the tune, love the timing changes, and the fact that the band has "alex" in their name. Or is it alexis?
  4. Jimmy Eat World - Night Drive: The imagery is insane. It's a song that actually takes you somewhere.
  5. Brand New - Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis: Kinda makes you feel like a douche just for listening. Sometimes, it's just one of those days.
  6. Funeral for a Friend - All the Rage: From one of my favorite albums ever, this song brings us back from the slower previous two.
  7. Bad Company - Feel Like Makin' Love: Stark contrast to the previous, and fairly self explanatory. Great, great song.
  8. Taking Back Sunday - One-Eighty by Summer: "Go on, just say it. You need me like a bad habit."
  9. Senses Fail - Choke on This: It's harsh. I guess the rest of the CD is too. Oops.
  10. Cute is What We Aim For - Lyrical Lies: It's about being slick. Sort of.
  11. Finch - Three Simple Words: No talent, no ability, but it sure gets you fired up.
  12. Eagles - One of these Nights: Classic cool. Undeniable.
  13. Brand New - Luca: The ending hits you in the face. Like something hitting you in the face. Hard.
  14. Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight: Say what you will. Drive at night with this song blasting with all the windows down. Better yet, get a convertible. You will know what I'm talking about.
  15. Brand New - ...my nine rides shotgun: It ends the mix. It's the ultimate badass song. It needs no introduction. It makes its own.

Let's note, when I say "badass," I'm referring to slick, cool, awesome. Not Metallica-mullet-Camaro-lots-of-noise-yeah.

Now get off of the internet and drive around with Phil Collins.

No comments: