22 April 2008

Reasons I love the South

The South rocks my face off. Here's a bulleted list.
  • Sonny's BBQ is everywhere
  • Grits
  • Warmth
  • Muddin'
  • No one can park a car properly
  • Girls whose daddies are colonels
  • Sipping mint julips on verandas
  • It's way more expensive to golf in the winter than it is in the summer
  • Palmetto Bugs that are large enough to eat you
  • Everyone still loves Lynyrd Skynyrd even though there's only a few original members in the band
  • I can make fun of people for wearing ski jackets and fleece when it's still shorts weather
  • Everyone finally stopped saying "Git 'er doooone"
  • The SEC
  • No Big Ten
  • Bobby Bowden refuses to retire and as such continues to drag his program further into an academic quagmire and obscurity
  • I saw a chicken run by outside a restaurant once

There's so much more, but I have to go finish this semester off now. Look forward to part 2.

No comments: