27 July 2008

The Dark Knight

It was so awesome, it made me want to punch myself in the face. Unfortunately I did not have a face, because the movie had already rocked my face off. All the better, it was 4-dollar 32-ounce Amber Bock night at the Old Town Warren.

The "new" Batman series really appeals to me so much more than the old ones did. I'm not a big comic book/"graphic novel"/cartoon fan, so the original movies were a bit tedious for me. They really felt like they were teetering on the edge of splicing in comic balloons that said "BIFF" and "POW." The new ones actually treat the story as a plot, versus the caricature of the old ones. It makes for a much more involving and watchable movie, especially with the lack of Chris O'Donnell. No idea what happened to that dude, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, if you are the other person in America who hadn't seen this movie until now, go see it. You may not have a face when you leave, though.

No comments: